Granite countertops are one of the most famous kitchen and bathroom countertops. They are durable, heat resistant, and easy to clean. Granite is also a beautiful natural material in many different colors and patterns.
However, granite countertops can be expensive, so it’s essential to do your research before purchasing. Here are a few things to keep in mind when shopping for granite countertops in Salt Lake City and other cities in Utah:
- Granite is a natural stone, so each piece is unique. There will be variations in color and pattern from one part of granite to another.
- Granite is a rigid material that can be scratched or chipped if not properly sealed and maintained.
- Granite is porous, so it can absorb stains if it’s not sealed.
- Granite countertops must be resealed every few years to keep them looking their best.
If you’re considering granite countertops for your home, visit a few different stores to compare prices and selections. And be sure to ask about installation and maintenance costs before making your final decision.
What Are The Different Types Of Granite Countertops?
There are three main types of granite countertops: slabs, tiles, and modular granite.
- Slab granite countertops are cut from a single stone and have a consistent color and pattern. Slab granite is the most expensive type of granite countertop, but it’s also the most durable.
- Tile granite countertops are made from smaller pieces of stone glued together. Tile granite is less expensive than slab granite, but it’s not as durable and can be more challenging to install.
- Modular granite countertops are made from larger pieces of stone that are cut into smaller pieces and then glued together. Modular granite is the least expensive type of granite countertop, but it’s also the least durable.
Granite comes in a wide range of colors, from white to black and everything in between.
- Black granite is a classic choice for any kitchen or bathroom design. The most popular colors for granite countertops are:
- White granite is a popular choice for modern and contemporary kitchens. It reflects light and makes small spaces appear more prominent.
- Gray granite is a versatile color that can be used in both traditional and modern designs.
- Brown granite is a warm, earthy color that works well in the country and rustic kitchens.
- Blue granite is a unique color that can add a pop of color to any kitchen or bathroom.
- Green granite is a beautiful, natural choice that adds a touch of elegance to any space.
What Are The Different Patterns Of Granite?
Granite comes in many patterns, from swirls and veins to dots and specks. The most popular ways for granite countertops are:
- Veined granite has distinct lines or veins running through it. This pattern is created when different minerals are present during the granite formation.
- Speckled granite has tiny flecks of color throughout the stone. This is caused by different minerals being present during the granite formation.
- Solid granite is a single, consistent color with no veins or flecks.
How Much Does Granite Countertop Cost?
Granite countertops can be expensive, but the price varies depending on the type of granite, the color, and the pattern. Slab granite countertops are the most costly, followed by tile and modular granite countertops.
How Do I Care For My Granite Countertop?
Granite is durable, but it must be correctly sealed and maintained. Granite countertops should be resealed every few years to prevent staining and scratches. And be sure to clean up spills promptly to avoid damage.